Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Mill Spring, North Carolina? Contact your local utility company.
Rutherford Electric Membership Corporation
Report an Outage(800) 521-0920 Report Online
Report an Outage(800) 769-3766 Report Online
Report an Outage(888) 891-0938 Report Online
Report an Outage(877) 508-5088 Report Online
Report an Outage(800) 228-8485 Report Online
Four years after Hurricane Florence, $3.1M tackles flood mitigation region-wide | Port City Daily
SOUTHEASTERN N.C. — The greater Wilmington region raked up a fifth of state funding earmarked to improve roadways affected by flooding. Tuesday…
Nov 15, 2022
Tropical Storm Ian live updates from Wilmington, flooding expected
A look at what's happening around the region as the storm makes its impact
Sep 29, 2022
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other North Carolina cities.
Mill Spring, North Carolina
|State||North Carolina (NC)|