Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Miller, Missouri? Contact your local utility company.
POWER OUTAGE: Emergency crews, CU, responding after car wrecks into utility pole in Springfield Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
17 people are currently without power in west Springfield after a car hit a utility pole.
Eighty-four percent of Americans are worried about power outages – here's how they feel about addressing blackouts with backup power.
BRPROUD | Town of Amite City to have scheduled power outages next week Open Navigation Close Navigation
AMITE, Ms. (BRPROUD) – The Town of Amite City will have scheduled power outages starting on Sunday, Sept. 11. City officials say Entergy will be working throughout the town and power may be turned off. The tentative schedule begins on Sunday at midnight. The south area of town could experience a power outage from midnight […]
Storms causing power outages as it leaves damage path | KELOLAND.com Open Navigation Close Navigation
Hundreds are without power in central and eastern South Dakota.
The storms that pushed through the Kansas City area last night left plenty of damage in their wake. Among the ongoing problems are thousands without power.
Springfield City Utilities restores power to nearly 2,000 after truck hits line Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
The outage impacted 2,000 customers around the U.S. 60 and U.S. 65 interchange.
The Fox posted on Facebook that crews from Ameren were on site and had the power restored around 8:55 p.m. A small animal shorted a fuse.
POWER OUTAGE: Crews work to restore power to part of Republic, Mo. Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Liberty Utilities reports power outages for an area in Republic after a trash truck broke a pole.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Miller, Missouri
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.