Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Mills River, North Carolina? Contact your local utility company.
Power has been restored for a majority of Cumberland County customers in the wake of Hurricane Ian. The storm downgraded to a post-tropical cyclone.
Henderson County News: Bridge outage forces Sandburg historic site to add shuttle - Hendersonville Lightning
Henderson County (Aug 31, 2022) - Because of the Front Lake bridge closure, Carl Sandburg Home National Historic Site will offer shuttle service on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays until Sunday, Oct. 30.
Readers ask about a rumor that Sierra Nevada may close or curtail operations at its taproom, and about odd, short power outages recently.
The Cumberland County region was blanketed in snow.
Asheville had 10.4 inches of snowfall over the weekend, and drivers are advised to be cautious of black ice.
Asheville, NC weather: Forecasts vary for how much snow the Asheville area will get Sunday, but we'll have live updates on conditions around WNC.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Mills River, North Carolina
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.