Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Miramonte, California? Contact your local utility company.
California's sultry summer days come with an increased risk of power outages and wildfires. But there's a way you can help: by decreasing how much power you're using during a Flex Alert.
PG&E working to restore power after outage affects more than 14,000 customers | News | bakersfield.com
Pacific Gas and Electric workers are trying to restore power in southwest Bakersfield after an outage left more than 14,000 customers affected.
Bay Area News Group high school sports: Campolindo holds off No. 4 Miramonte after long power-outage delay; No. 1 Carondelet girls top Granada on eve of San Ramon Valley showdown; Mitty girls roll; Palo Alto girls edge Los Gatos in OT
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.