Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Mission Hills, California? Contact your local utility company.
The first in the rash of blackouts began shortly before 8 a.m., affecting 34 addresses in Lincoln Park, Logan Heights and Mountain View, according to San Diego Gas & Electric.
Echo Park restaurant struggles as heat wave triggers power outages | Echo Park News | theeastsiderla.com
Echo Park - First the pandemic threatened to put The Park’s Finest out of business. Now, power outages from the heat wave seem to be an even bigger problem, according
Metro Transit Police arrested a man accused of tampering power lines along the Green Line and causing major train delays.
How can you cool off if the power's out? Here are tips for not melting when you lose power during a heat wave.
Here's what to do before, during and after a power outage as a heat wave continues to scorch California.
These power outages happened as California's power grid manager asked people to conserve their energy during the heat wave, since the high temperatures push the grid to its limits.
Senior mobile homes lose power during excessive heat conditions in California Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
A Southern California senior mobile home park has been without power since Thursday evening.
California is in a state of emergency as a brutal heat wave brings the threat of power outages and wildfires.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Mission Hills, California
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Mission Hills, California
|Zip Codes||91345, 91346, 91395|