Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Mission Viejo, California? Contact your local utility company.
Evacuations, Water Rescues, Traffic: Here’s What to Know About the Election Day Storm – NBC Los Angeles
Southern Californians woke up to stormy conditions on Tuesday as they headed to the polls, with the wettest day of a three-day storm impacting everything from...
55 MPH Gusts, Power Shutoffs Possible In Mission Viejo Monday - Mission Viejo, CA - Much of Mission Viejo was on alert for power outages as strong wind gusts created increased wildfire risk.
Power Outage Hits 1,550 Canyon Lake Homes - Lake Elsinore-Wildomar, CA - Canyon Lake air conditioners ground to a halt at 1:30 p.m. on a 95-degree Thursday afternoon.
Hurricane Fiona causing 'catastrophic' flooding in Puerto Rico as the territory remains without power | CNN Close icon
Power has gone out across all of the US territory of Puerto Rico on Sunday, according to PowerOutage.us, as Hurricane Fiona bears down on the islands, which are already grappling with the threat of flooding and mudslides stemming from the Category 1 storm.
1,300+ Residents Without Power In Laguna Niguel Monday Afternoon - Laguna Niguel-Dana Point, CA - The outage was reported at 1:28 p.m. in Laguna Niguel, according to San Diego Gas & Electric.
Extreme Heat Power Outages + Brew Ha Ha + Fairview Fire Deaths - Orange County, CA - The quickest way to catch up on the most important things happening today in Orange County.
Nearly 1,000 Murrieta Residents Without Power At Start Of Heatwave - Murrieta, CA - A planned power outage left much of southwest Murrieta without power Monday.
Power Outage In North Laguna Beach Affecting Signals, 250+ Customers - Laguna Beach, CA - Southern California Edison crews are currently responding to a power outage reported in North Laguna that is affecting traffic signals.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Mission Viejo, California
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.