Did you lose power?
Natural Gas Futures, Cash Prices Bounce Back After Bullish Storage Print, Wintry Weather - Natural Gas Intelligence
Natural gas futures rebounded Thursday amid bullish shifts in weather conditions and a lighter-than-expected storage injection -- and despite widespread
Midterm voting mostly problem-free in battleground states, voting advocates report • Missouri Independent
Voting across the country has largely gone smoothly without any major issues or incidents of voter intimidation, voting rights advocates said.
At least 10 other people were injured and about 150 structures were damaged or destroyed in Arkansas, Oklahoma and Texas on Friday night.
Chicago-based Logistics Property Co. broke ground on a build-to-suit warehouse for a Fortune 50 tenant at CityPark Logistics Center in Missouri City.
Nearly 150 Duke Energy customers are without power in the Shoals Junction area as of Friday morning.
Downed trees and power lines are possible in the aftermath of Hurricane Ian. If you need to report an outage, here is who to call:
Power outage shuts down Pleasant Prairie Police phone lines; department looks into future prevention
The Pleasant Prairie Police Department is meeting with village leadership after a power outage shut down the department’s non-emergency lines for several hours Sunday evening, Sept. 25, during a severe
One person was sent to Mosaic Life Care after a single-vehicle rollover crash that caused a small power outage Thursday afternoon.
Power outages are on the rise, led by Texas, Michigan and California. Here's what's to blame - ABC17NEWS circle-arrow Play Button Stop Button chevron-right chevron-left chevron-up search warning chevron-left-skinny chevron-right-skinny x clock calendar play-button cancel-circle user twitter facebook youtube instagram email linkedin
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Missouri City, Texas
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Missouri City, Texas
|Zip Codes||77459, 77489|