Did you lose power?
Mobile Power Outages Caused by Weather
The storm strengthened into a hurricane on Wednesday after pounding the Bahamas, as U.S. officials ordered evacuations that included former President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago club.
Ukrainians Grapple with Power Outages as Winter Approaches | Asharq AL-awsat Asharq Al-awsat English
Middle-East Arab News and Opinion - Asharq Al-Awsat is the world’s premier pan-Arab daily newspaper, printed simultaneously each day on four continents in 14 cities
A stretch of 1-10 in Mobile near Michigan Avenue was pitch black for drivers who had to make the commute in the fog before sunrise.
One racoon had made its way into a substation transformer, causing an outage Monday night that left residents in Seguin, population 30,000 in the dark.
The European Union is preparing for the possibility of blackouts this winter, working on emergency responses to potential energy crises in the bloc
FEMA Administrator Deanne Criswell visited local officials in Florida the past several days to discuss the federal government’s support for survivors and communities in Florida, as state and federal search and rescue operations continue in Florida with a priority on hospitals, healthcare facilities and barrier island communities.
‘Turn on the lights’: Cubans protest post-Hurricane Ian blackouts | Weather News | Al Jazeera play Show navigation menu play search facebook twitter whatsapp facebook twitter youtube instagram-colored-outline rss
Power outages have reportedly led Havana to make rare request to US for emergency assistance.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Mobile, Alabama
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
|Zip Codes||36601, 36602, 36603, 36604, 36605, 36606, 36607, 36608, 36609, 36610|