Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Montgomery, New York? Contact your local utility company.
But lake-effect snow is expected to drop 2 to 3 feet of snow on the Buffalo area and some parts of western New York could get 4 feet when storm hits
Amtrak and New Jersey Transit commuters were off to a frustrating start Wednesday, Nov. 2.All Amtrak trains were stopped between New York Penn Station and Philadelphia, with delays of up to 45 minutes reported for NJT. Trains were in …
Puerto Rico's Blackout From Hurricane Fiona Was Preventable | The New Republic The New Republic Apocalypse Soon Apocalypse Soon The New Republic Apocalypse Soon Apocalypse Soon
Hurricane Fiona hit the island as only a Category 1 storm. But thanks to bad management, the electrical grid immediately collapsed.
J.D. Martinez's power is down in 2022, so there's reason to believe metrics can explain the reasoning. Technically they can.
Up to 1,000 People Evacuated From Bethesda Apartment Building After Fire, Power Outage – NBC4 Washington
Pete Piringer, spokesperson for Montgomery County Fire & Rescue, said up to 1,000 people were evacuated from 400 apartments.
A power outage is impacting travel at Piedmont Triad International Airport in Greensboro, North Carolina.
More than 6,500 residents are without power in Montgomery County, Maryland, on Sunday, the hottest day of the year.
A hot, humid Tuesday ended with severe thunderstorms across the D.C. area. Here’s what you need to know.
Power is being restored to the area after thousands were left without electricity in the wake of thunderstorms that hit the D.C. area Saturday night.
Thousands of power customers across Northern Virginia are waking up without electricity after severe storms swept the region.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Montgomery, New York
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.