Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Mount Orab, Ohio? Contact your local utility company.
Damages, Power Outages Abound After Tornado, Summer Storms Hit Greater Cincinnati | Cincinnati News | Cincinnati | Cincinnati CityBeat
The National Weather Service in Wilmington has classified the Goshen tornado as an EF2, with winds of 111-135 MPH.
EP Ohio crews are at the ready for the upcoming winter storm — and are encouraging the community to be prepared too. Snow and ice are currently predicted…
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Mount Orab, Ohio
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Mount Orab, Ohio