Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Mount Pleasant, Texas? Contact your local utility company.
Mount Pleasant Power Outages Caused by Weather
Power outage shuts down Pleasant Prairie Police phone lines; department looks into future prevention
The Pleasant Prairie Police Department is meeting with village leadership after a power outage shut down the department’s non-emergency lines for several hours Sunday evening, Sept. 25, during a severe
Most power has been restored across East Texas after more than 12,000 people were without power during the day on Wednesday. There are approximately 752 outages as of this writing.
SUMMERVILLE, S.C. (WCBD) – The Summerville Police Department (SPD) is monitoring several power outages as storms moved through the area Wednesday afternoon. According to SPD, some traffic lights in the area are out of operation due to the power outage. As of 4:55 p.m. Wednesday, Dominion Energy reports nearly 3,000 customers without power in the […]
BERKELEY COUNTY, S.C. (WCBD) – Strong thunderstorms moving through the Lowcountry Tuesday evening knocked out power for thousands of Lowcountry residents. As of 6:15 p.m., Berkeley Electric Cooperative reported 5,703 outages in the areas of Goose Creek and Moncks Corner out to the Francis Marion National Forest and above Lake Moultrie. Berkeley Electric did not […]
TYLER, Texas (KETK) - Tens of thousands of East Texans are without power as severe storms are impacting the area Tuesday morning.
Buzzard to blame for Mount Pleasant power outage Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
A broad-winged bird of prey is to blame for a power outage.
The latest on power outages and service restorations across Texas
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Mount Pleasant, Texas
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Mount Pleasant, Texas