Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Murrells Inlet, South Carolina? Contact your local utility company.
Murrells Inlet Power Outages Caused by Weather
Thousands without power as Hurricane Ian wreaks havoc on Grand Strand, Pee Dee Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
We have an updated list of power outages throughout the area.
Ice caused powerline fire, small explosion in Murrells Inlet late Friday night | WCBD News 2 Open Navigation Close Navigation
MURRELLS INLET, S.C. (WCBD) – Powerlines caught fire in the Murrells Inlet area late Friday night. Icy conditions brought on by freezing rain caused limbs to come down on the powerlines around 11:30 p.m. near Inlet Square Mall. Video shows the powerlines on fire before a small explosion and outage. It’s unclear how long the […]
The second winter storm to hit the Carolinas in two weeks is causing some power outages throughout the area. Santee Cooperis reporting the following customers affected by outages on their outage vieweras of noon: Myrtle Beach: 0. Georgetown: 0. Surfside Beach/Garden City: 0. Conway: 0. North Myrtle Beach/Little River:0. Pawleys Island: 0. They said their crews are hard at work to restore power for customers.
Power restored in Horry, Georgetown counties following winter storm Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Local officials are urging residents to not dial 911 if their power is out during the winter storm.
Horry Electric currently has 432 outages in Horry County, concentrated mostly in the Socastee area, according to their power outage viewer.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
|State||South Carolina (SC)|