Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Naples, New York? Contact your local utility company.
Pomerelle Ski Resort has announced that they can start the season early.
My Grandma Morgan strongly believed that the Woolly worm was the most accurate predictor of winter weather. If that's true, here is what they are saying about winter 2022-23.
Ian slammed into Florida’s southwest coast last month. Its fearsome storm surge and torrential rain made it the deadliest storm in a generation.
Meteorologists use weather terms to help us prepare for upcoming severe winter weather. But, sometimes the terms can get confusing. Here's what they all mean.
Utility companies in Florida are working around the clock to restore power, but officials warn the task may take weeks to even months to complete in the hardest-hit areas.
Nearly a week after Hurricane Ian smashed into Florida and carved a path of destruction that reached into the Carolinas, hundreds of thousands of Florida
Hard-Hit Parts of Florida Struggle to Find Clean Drinking Water in Ian Aftermath - The New York Times
The worst trouble was in Lee County, where a badly damaged water system was affecting a population of nearly 760,000 people.
Power in parts of Florida could be out for more than a week as flooding lingers in Ian's wake | CNN Close icon
It could be more than a week until power lines are fully restored in some parts of Florida as residents deal with major flooding after the deadly Hurricane Ian, expected to be the most expensive storm in the Sunshine State's history.
Follow the New York Post's live coverage of Hurricane Ian as it tracks towards landfall in Florida and the US. Get the latest on path updates, timelines, evacuation notices and more.
More than 2.5 million Floridians were under some kind of evacuation warning Tuesday as Hurricane Ian marched closer to the state's west coast after knocking out power across all of Cuba.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Naples, New York
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Naples, New York
|State||New York (NY)|