Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Netcong, New Jersey? Contact your local utility company.
Friday’s credit card outage shows how vulnerable NJ is
Ever feel we are sometimes too reliant on technology?
NJ congressman demands answers from JCP&L about multiple outages
Congressman Frank Pallone has sent a letter to the president of Jersey Central Power & Light, demanding that the utility offer detailed explanations about outages that affected his district on Jan. 17, 21 and 26.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Netcong, New Jersey
So then I go ooh my shirt I ordered should of came in so let me to check if my parents forgot to bring it in. There… https://t.co/25iX35M61Y
Today has been a rough day for yah boy. I had a long day at work because people can't seem to listen to someone tha… https://t.co/5RzR1Wgefg
@NWSNewYorkNY I'm not liking the forecast for strong winds with this storm. It's not enough that we have to have m… https://t.co/CN8CtgH3kj
JCP&L is reporting an outage of 113 customers in Wharton. Their current estimated time of restoration is 3:30 p.m.… https://t.co/FKANkw7Fgt
And unfortunately, the power outages continue to climb across New England . #noreaster #Weather https://t.co/UtRzJAzkAg
Generators can be a lifesaver during power outages, but such devices can also be dangerous if used or installed imp… https://t.co/jAw75jAsgN
Please prepare yourself and your family for a possible power outage.
@briannthegr8 I’m outside as we speak. I can see your crib got no light either. This street usually always gets tak… https://t.co/rO2upvxq52
I read way too many books where it all starts because of a power outage! #Blackout #ApocalypseNow #Zombies #Vampires
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other New Jersey cities.
Netcong, New Jersey
|State||New Jersey (NJ)|