Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in New Bern, North Carolina? Contact your local utility company.
Marching In Solidarity With Iranians + Accidents Ahead Of Halloween - Raleigh, NC - The quickest way to get caught up on the most important things happening today in Raleigh.
One person is displaced after a house fire in Hillsborough during Hurricane Ian Friday night, according to the Orange Rural Fire Department.
Several thousand customers in the Triangle are without power Friday afternoon as Hurricane Ian moves toward North Carolina.
The onslaught of stress, grief and hidden dangers can seem overwhelming. Here's how to get help, protect your family and take the first steps toward recovery:
More than 10,000 Virginians lost power Wednesday in Virginia Beach after a squirrel got into a substation.
GREENVILLE, N.C. (WNCT) — Greenville Utilities is announcing the launch of a text-based system to keep people updated about power outages in the area 24 hours a day. Officials said in a media release, the messages will include an initial alert soon after the system indicates an outage that affects the customer, a link to […]
Chapel Hill Police are asking motorists to treat several "busy" city intersections as four-way stops until crews can restore power.
Electricity has been restored after more than 7,000 people lost power Wednesday morning in the southwestern area of Chesapeake.
Duke Energy as of 7:20 p.m. reported 88,000 power outages near Raleigh and 11,000 outages in Durham with 2,000 power outages in Hillsborough. Open Navigation Close Navigation
100K+ power outages in central NC as severe storms hit Triangle
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from New Bern, North Carolina
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.