Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in New London, North Carolina? Contact your local utility company.
New London Power Outages Caused by Weather
If you've listened to KIT news this month or if you've viewed the Yakima Police Department Twitter page you've heard about Traffic Tuesday.
By the time a researcher who pricked her finger in Missouri reported the accident, she was already sick.
Most Floridians got power back quickly after Ian. But for some the wait has just begun. - The Washington Post Comment on this story GiftOutline Loading... Loading...
Two weeks after Hurricane Ian, Florida utility operators report only a few thousand customers remain without power. Hard-hit areas like Fort Myers Beach will nonetheless be tough to repair.
Search-and-rescue continues as Ian's death toll reaches 87 NBC News Logo Search Search NBC News Logo MSNBC Logo Today Logo
As federal emergency management officials launched their largest ever search-and-rescue effort, the number of fatalities in Hurricane Ian's wake climbed to 87 Sunday.
More than 1,800 Stanly County residents still without power - The Stanly News & Press | The Stanly News & Press
Some 2.4 million homes and businesses are without power after one of the worst storms in years.
Early Saturday, President Biden approved a state of emergency in North Carolina and "ordered Federal assistance to supplement State, tribal, and local response efforts due to the emergency conditions resulting from Hurricane Ian."
Here are some important considerations regarding self-storage access control, backup systems and customer communication during a power outage.
Beijing (AP) -- Factories in China’s southwest have shut down and a city imposed rolling blackouts after reservoirs to generate hydropower ran low in a worsening drought, adding to economic strains at a time when President Xi Jinping is trying to extend his hold on power.
Eastman released a "purple plume" of methyl iodide and iodine into the air and oil into the river on Friday amid the power outage and shutdown at the plant.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from New London, North Carolina
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
New London, North Carolina
|North Carolina (NC)