Did you lose power?
New Milford Power Outages Caused by Weather
The Folk Show's listing of concerts, dances and events in and around our listening area.
The Folk Show's listing of open mics, dances and shows in and around our listening area.
A major power outage was reported Saturday, Oct. 8 in parts of Passaic County.JCP&L's website said nearly 10,200 people were without power in Morris County while 13,600 were in the dark in Passaic County.Power was expected to be restor…
The article was about recent issues New Milford residents have faced with their internet connections at home and at work. In the piece, Dave wrote; New Milford has had it even worse, with some losing service for days, if not weeks.
“Fossil fuels are not healthy for children and other living things," read one sign at the New Brunswick rally.
A Pepsi tractor-trailer headed down Broad St. in Milford took down a utility pole in front of Wells Fargo Bank at about 9 a.m. on Tuesday morning, rea...
The threat of climate change is no longer a threat—it’s here and it’s impacting everyone. However, in New Jersey, 10 years after Superstorm Sandy, communities are better prepared than ever to handle
The New Jersey Department of Transportation has reported downed live wires across Route 80 causing all lanes to close in both directions west of Exit ...
Power outages were reported by Eversource and United Illuminating after a storm brought lightning and strong winds blew tree limbs down.
Ever feel we are sometimes too reliant on technology?
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from New Milford, New Jersey
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
New Milford, New Jersey
|State||New Jersey (NJ)|