Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in New Windsor, New York? Contact your local utility company.
First snowfall brings less than 2 inches to northern CT
The first snowfall of the season brought less than 2 inches to Hartford, Tolland and Litchfield counties, the National Weather Service reported Wednesday.
Bizarre Roadkill Trend Resurfaces in New Windsor, New York loading... loading...
Funny, sweet, or No? This trend has resurfaced in Orange County New York over the weekend.
Jasper residents told to expect more power outages | CTV News
The challenge of reconnecting residents in Jasper National Park to power after a wildfire destroyed some of town's transmission infrastructure is proving "increasingly evident," the mayor says.
Heat Watch Tuesday: Santa Rosa hits 115, its hottest high on record. Will Wednesday bring a brief cool down?
Weather experts described Tuesday as the peak in the weeklong heat wave that looks to be the longest and hottest on record in California.
Power restored in downtown Toronto following hours-long outage | CTV News
Power has been restored in Toronto's downtown core after an hours-long outage caused major disruptions in the city Thursday.
Rogers outage: service slowly starting to recover across Canada | CTV News
Rogers says its wireless and internet services “are starting to recover” after a day-long outage across wide swathes of Canada.
Rush toward green energy has left US 'incredibly' vulnerable to summer blackouts, expert warns | Fox News
Much of the U.S. could be due for blackouts this summer as policymakers rush power plants offline in a bid to switch to renewable energy sources such as wind and solar.
Friday’s credit card outage shows how vulnerable NJ is
Ever feel we are sometimes too reliant on technology?
Around 4,000 NYSEG customers are without power in Broome County Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
NYSEG is reporting more than 6,000 of its customers are without power Wednesday afternoon.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from New Windsor, New York
@raeganlady I wouldn't joke about preparedness with this storm...if it becomes a major hurricane and makes landfall… https://t.co/7bx1qPCQLH
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other New York cities.
New Windsor, New York
|State||New York (NY)|