Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Newfields, New Hampshire? Contact your local utility company.
The Folk Show's listing of concerts, dances and events in and around our listening area.
The Folk Show's listing of open mics, dances and shows in and around our listening area.
The Folk Show's listing of shows and dances in and around our listening area.
Northeast winter storm dumps up to a foot of snow, snarls travel - The Washington Post The Washington Post Comment on this story Wp ArrowRight GiftOutline Loading... Refresh
Binghamton, N.Y. set an April two-day snowfall record with over 14 inches
View the latest outage maps anytime.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Newfields, New Hampshire
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.