Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Newport Beach, California? Contact your local utility company.
1,300+ Residents Without Power In Laguna Niguel Monday Afternoon - Laguna Niguel-Dana Point, CA - The outage was reported at 1:28 p.m. in Laguna Niguel, according to San Diego Gas & Electric.
LOS ANGELES—Scattered power outages blamed on Tropical Storm Kay were affecting thousands of Los Angeles Department of Water ...
A squirrel got into a Virginia Beach substation, causing an outage for over 10,000 customers, including two schools, according to Dominion Energy.
Extreme Heat Flex Alert + The 20 Best Pizzerias In O.C. - Orange County, CA - The quickest way to catch up on the most important things happening today in Orange County.
Temperature records set in Orange County over Labor Day weekend, heat wave continuing through Friday - Los Angeles Times
Temperatures continued to rise over the weekend and reached as high as 108 degrees in Santa Ana.
Extreme Heat Power Outages + Brew Ha Ha + Fairview Fire Deaths - Orange County, CA - The quickest way to catch up on the most important things happening today in Orange County.
Power Outage In North Laguna Beach Affecting Signals, 250+ Customers - Laguna Beach, CA - Southern California Edison crews are currently responding to a power outage reported in North Laguna that is affecting traffic signals.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Newport Beach, California
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.