Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Newton, Georgia? Contact your local utility company.
Power outage reported at Cobb County jail | News | mdjonline.com
The power went out in a section of the Cobb County Adult Detention Center Monday afternoon, the Cobb County Sheriff’s Office said.
DeKalb County courthouse evacuated for power outage, clerk says
Officials evacuated the DeKalb County courthouse after a power outage on Thursday in Decatur.
Driver fleeing from Newton deputies loses life in wreck - The Covington News
PORTERDALE, Ga. — A Conyers man died early today after the vehicle he was driving struck a power pole as he fled from sheriff's deputies in downtown Porterdale.
Winds knock down trees, power lines in metro Atlanta
Most of Georgia avoided heavy snowfall on Saturday morning, but some Atlanta residents are dealing with repercussions from the wind.
Verizon: Widespread outage across Georgia, neighboring states resolved
Verizon Wireless reported a widespread outage in Georgia on Valentine’s Day.
UPDATE: Line crews from Georgia head to Hopkinsville to help with power outages - ABC 36 News
High wind warning and expected power outages for north Georgia including Cobb County - Cobb County Courier
The National Weather Service high wind warning for Cobb County and much of north Georgia, and labeled the warning as urgent.
Snow Storm causes power outages for thousands across Georgia, roads turn icy
Northeast Georgia experienced heavy snowfall overnight as a potent Winter Storm blew through the state. Officials are urging people not to travel unless it's essential.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other Georgia cities.
power been out for three days haven't seen alliant trucks around wth.
Power IS NOT restored to Newton. Only some areas on the outskirts or town have power, as well as selective stores and businesses.
Checking to see when power will be restored
Power out for days now in Newton. And btw, provider here is Alliant, not MidAmerican.
I live in Denniston Knolls when will we have power