Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Newton, New Hampshire? Contact your local utility company.
Rolling blackouts in R.I. this winter? Clean energy advocates say they’ve heard these warnings before. - The Boston Globe email Email to a Friend Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Print this Article View Comments Email to a Friend Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Print this Article View Comments
ISO New England, which manages the power grid, says a shortage of natural gas could require controlled power outages across the region during prolonged cold weather this winter.
Amid possible blackouts, Illinois lawmakers call for scrapping 'Green New Deal' | Illinois | thecentersquare.com
(The Center Square) – In the wake of an alert warning of possible rolling blackouts this summer, some Illinois lawmakers want to revise the state’s energy policies.
Worker burned, thousands without power after Newton manhole explosion – Boston News, Weather, Sports | WHDH 7News
View the latest outage maps anytime.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Newton, New Hampshire
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Newton, New Hampshire
|State||New Hampshire (NH)|