Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Newton, North Carolina? Contact your local utility company.
Power in parts of Florida could be out for more than a week as flooding lingers in Ian's wake | CNN Close icon
It could be more than a week until power lines are fully restored in some parts of Florida as residents deal with major flooding after the deadly Hurricane Ian, expected to be the most expensive storm in the Sunshine State's history.
Ian expected to dissipate soon after striking Carolinas and killing at least 45 in Florida | CNN Close icon
Ian, now a post-tropical cyclone, was moving farther inland Friday night after pummeling South Carolina with fierce winds and a destructive storm surge, less than two days after killing at least 45 people in Florida and leaving behind an apocalyptic path of destruction.
Amid possible blackouts, Illinois lawmakers call for scrapping 'Green New Deal' | Illinois | thecentersquare.com
(The Center Square) – In the wake of an alert warning of possible rolling blackouts this summer, some Illinois lawmakers want to revise the state’s energy policies.
Cam Newton nominated for governors’ highest honors in North Carolina and South Carolina Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
The former NFL MVP, Heisman Trophy winner and NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year holds many records for the Carolina Panthers.
First Warn forecaster Larry Sprinkle is tracking the threat of possible snow showers in the Charlotte region after a winter storm dumped sleet & ice on Sunday.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Newton, North Carolina
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.