Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Newtown Square, Pennsylvania? Contact your local utility company.
All day this Election Day, the Capital-Star will bring you the very latest on the 2022 general election.
John Fetterman wins Senate race and Josh Shapiro elected Pa. governor as Democrats take both statewide races tooltip tooltip
Voters have chosen Pennsylvania's next governor and a new U.S. senator to represent the commonwealth.
Power Out For 91 Chester County Customers: PECO - Phoenixville, PA - Tuesday's deluge resulted in several thousand outages in the Philadelphia region with less than 100 out today, PECO reported.
Planned Phone Outage Announced By Newtown Township - Newtown, PA - On August 17, phone lines will be down for routine maintenance in the Newtown Township municipal complex.
Power Outages In Lambertville After Severe Weather, High Winds - New Hope-Lambertville, PA - Around 734 Lambertville homes and businesses have lost power, according to an emergency notification Friday morning.
Thousands Without Power In Doylestown Area Due To Ida: PECO - Doylestown, PA - As of 11:15 a.m. Thursday, there were 33 separate outages in the Doylestown area, leaving 3,417 PECO customers without power.
Newtown Power Outages Caused By Downed Wires: PECO - Newtown, PA - A widespread power outage Wednesday knocked out power for thousands in Newtown Township, Newtown Borough, and Northampton.
Major Power Outages In Newtown Square, Marple: PECO - Marple Newtown, PA - The nor'easter that is tearing through the region is causing power outages for hundreds of residents in Newtown Square and Marple.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Newtown Square, Pennsylvania