Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in North Ridgeville, Ohio? Contact your local utility company.
Residents in the Westfield Village Community are frustrated after dealing with several gas leaks, power outages, and a boil water notice over the past week.
Ohio Edison, the Illuminating Company complete 3-year grid modernization project in Ashtabula County | Local News | starbeacon.com
ASHTABULA — FirstEnergy Corp. electric companies, Ohio Edison and the Illuminating Company, are completing smart grid upgrades across Ashtabula County.
Flight operations at Hobby Airport back to normal after small fire in generator causes outage, airport officials say facebook twitter instagram rss
Travelers faced several delays at Hobby Airport on Saturday after airport officials say a small fire was found in one of their generators.
Nearly 5,000 homes in the dark Sunday due to power outages in Lorain County Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Nearly 5,000 houses are in the dark on Sunday afternoon after power outages in Lorain County.
More than 130,000 customers affected by power outages in the Houston area, CenterPoint Energy says facebook twitter instagram rss
More than 145,000 residents affected by power outages in the Houston area, CenterPoint Energy says
The National Weather Service has issued a Flash Flood Warning for several parts of Northeast Ohio until 11:15 p.m. this evening.
Vermilion Police were dispatched to U.S. Route 6 near Baumhart Road shortly after 8 a.m. for a truck into a pole, with wires down in the road, Vermilion Police Sgt. Drew Davis said.
Power outages reported across the Houston area following excessive heat warning facebook twitter instagram rss
Thousands of residents across the Houston area are experiencing power outages as temperatures remained in the 100s Sunday night.
A FirstEnergy end run may help it score approval of a settlement agreement, and more from this month’s Eye on Utilities newsletter.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from North Ridgeville, Ohio
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.