Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in North Sioux City, South Dakota? Contact your local utility company.
North Sioux City Power Outages Caused by Weather
City of Sioux City asks for public’s help in reporting streetlight outages Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
When reporting the outage, residents are asked to identify the location of the streetlight with as much detail as possible.
SD State returned millions to residents, see if you have unclaimed money Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
More South Dakotans are taking advantage of the state’s unclaimed property website.
Derecho turns sky green in South Dakota, Iowa amid violent winds - The Washington Post The Washington Post Comment on this story ArrowRight GiftOutline Loading... Refresh
Hardest hit were Iowa and South Dakota, where winds reached hurricane force
Weather officials confirmed a derecho struck Iowa Tuesday, following on the heels of August 2020, December 2021 and May 2022 storms.
As Sioux Falls braced for severe weather and storms, the sky turned green. Here's a look at the strange weather occurrence.
Severe storms moved through KELOLAND late Monday night and into the early morning hours.
Power outage reports are coming in in the Siouxland area.
The city of Sioux Falls and other organizations are outlining what to do if you need help with power or damage following Thursday's severe storms.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from North Sioux City, South Dakota
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
North Sioux City, South Dakota
|City||North Sioux City|
|State||South Dakota (SD)|