Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Northampton, Massachusetts? Contact your local utility company.
The Folk Show's listing of concerts, dances and events in and around our listening area.
The Folk Show's listing of open mics, dances and shows in and around our listening area.
Power outages overnight affect thousands of Westhampton, Easthampton homes | WWLP Open Navigation Close Navigation
Homes in East and Westampton were without power last night due to the weather.
Getting Answers: freezer outage at Stop and Shop in Holyoke Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Western Mass News is getting answers after noticing a post on the Holyoke Community Forum that was gaining traction online.
Thunderstorms came through parts of western Massachusetts Tuesday evening bringing down trees and power lines.
Thursday storms brought brief flooding, damaging winds, hail and power outages to DC region - WTOP News
Strong thunderstorms are moving through the D.C. region, posing a risk of damaging winds and small hail through Thursday evening.
The snow has left the D.C. region, but hundreds are still stuck in hellacious commutes on major and side roads while thousands of others are dealing with power outages.
Power outages, storm damages reported across western Massachusetts | WWLP Open Navigation Close Navigation
Thousands of people are without power across western Massachusetts Wednesday after a powerful storm moved through the area.
NORTHAMPTON — A widespread blackout enveloped thousands of people throughout Hampshire County Wednesday morning, leading businesses to close or revert to cash-only transactions, forcing police officers to direct traffic at busy intersections, and...
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Northampton, Massachusetts
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
|Zip Codes||01060, 01061, 01063|