Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Ocala, Florida? Contact your local utility company.
Ocala Power Outages Caused by Weather
Officials said the only reports they've received are for downed power lines and trees. As of 5:40 p.m., thousands were still without power.
More than 70,000 power outages were reported on Thursday as Nicole made landfall in Florida as a hurricane. Nicole has now weakened to a tropical storm.
In preparation for Tropical Storm Nicole, Ocala Electric Utility is providing several tips to help keep residents safe, prepared, and informed as the storm approaches.
A 41-year-old man died Friday afternoon after a utility vehicle fell on him in Marion County, Florida Highway Patrol (FHP) said.
Deputies are asking for the community to be on the lookout for a missing teenager with autism that does not currently have his prescribed medication.
Florida Highway Patrol car pulled from massive flood waters, days after Hurricane Ian struck the state
A Florida Highway Patrol car was pulled from Marion County floodwaters days after Hurricane Ian struck the state.
NCFL Sheriff’s deputies, firefighters head to Southwest Florida following Hurricane Ian Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Law enforcement and first responders from across North Central Florida are answering the call to help in Southwest Florida after Hurricane Ian.
Hurricane Ian hit Florida on Wednesday, September 28 leading to widespread power outages – here's how to check a map of the affected areas.
Hurricane Ian made landfall Wednesday and then started making its way toward Florida's east coast. How is Marion County faring?
In Sarasota and Manatee counties, trees and power lines were downed by strong wind gusts but damage was generally limited for many.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Ocala, Florida
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
|Zip Codes||34470, 34471, 34472, 34473, 34474, 34475, 34476, 34477, 34478, 34479|