Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Ocean Springs, Mississippi? Contact your local utility company.
The storm was especially hard on Volusia County, northeast of Orlando, where officials said that inspectors had deemed 24 hotels and condominiums unsafe.
Power outages and heavy traffic are the result of a two-car crash at the intersection of Route 28 and Old Barnstable Road in Mashpee on Monday, October 10, at 10:55
DeSantis: Hurricane Ian looters could get shot; sees progress with power outages | National | stardem.com
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis sees progress being made with widespread power outages from Hurricane Ian and warned Friday that storm-related looters could get shot.
Rain bands from Hurricane Ian lashed Southeastern North Carolina Friday as storm-driven waves brought heavy surf and erosion woes to area beaches.
Nearly 150 Duke Energy customers are without power in the Shoals Junction area as of Friday morning.
Forecasters cautioned that storm surges and heavy winds and rain were still possible.
Substantial loss of life' possible in Florida as Hurricane Ian takes aim at South Carolina | CNN Close icon
Ian's vicious combination of winds, rain and storm surge caused at least a dozen deaths, flooded homes, cut off roadways and left millions of Florida residents without power Thursday as it again intensified into a hurricane in the Atlantic Ocean and barreled toward South Carolina.
Downed trees and power lines are possible in the aftermath of Hurricane Ian. If you need to report an outage, here is who to call:
Florida Power & Light is working on restoration for 1.1 million customers | Latest Weather | yoursun.com
Florida Power & Light is trying to restore power to 1.1 million customers impacted by Hurricane Ian.
Hurricane Ian made landfall in southwestern Florida Wednesday afternoon and is on a path toward Volusia County.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Ocean Springs, Mississippi
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.