Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Ohio City, Ohio? Contact your local utility company.
The City of Columbus, Ohio’s Department of Public Utilities recently put into operation its first-ever solar-powered microgrid.
Ukraine’s power outages caused by Russian air strikes pose new challenge for critically ill | Fox News
Air strikes on Ukraine’s infrastructure from Russia have caused long-lasting power cuts. The outages are threatening hospital treatments and running water.
Midterm voting mostly problem-free in battleground states, voting advocates report - Ohio Capital Journal
As of midday Tuesday, voting across the country has largely gone smoothly without any major issues or incidents of voter intimidation, voting rights advocates said.
Power restored to thousands in central Ohio | NBC4 WCMH-TV Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
COLUMBUS, Ohio (WCMH) — Strong winds knocked out power to more than 3,000 AEP customers in central Ohio Saturday afternoon, but by evening, most of those customers have their electricity restored. As of 7:10 p.m., AEP was reporting 327 customers in the Columbus area were still without power, down from an initial 2,300 AEP. Statewide, […]
There was a power outage for more than a half an hour for approximately 962 customers of AEP Ohio in the City of Athens on Wednesday.
Oberlin officials plan hours-long citywide power outage on October 30 Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Officials in Oberlin advised residents that there will be a citywide power outage scheduled for early-morning hours on Sunday, Oct. 30.
Scioto Valley Guardian
UPDATE: Power outages in Kettering dwindle to less than 100 customers, AES Ohio map indicates – WHIO TV 7 and WHIO Radio
As Hurricane Ian passes out of Florida today and follows an expected northward trek, Duke Energy is readying its crews to respond to potential power outages across the Carolinas.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Ohio City, Ohio
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.