Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Opelousas, Louisiana? Contact your local utility company.
Opelousas Power Outages Caused by Weather
Power Updates for Cenla Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Check here for the latest power outage updates in Central Louisiana.
Classes will be dismissed at 11 a.m.
Cleco says they have been instructed to reduce demand on the power grid by beginning power outages to customers in Eunice, Opelousas, Ville Platte, Mamou, Oakdale and Washington.
An electrical fire at a substation in the northwest part of Opelousas left some residents in the area without power on Thursday morning.
Hurricane Delta made landfall Friday evening. The now-tropical depression headed for Mississippi left damage, major outages across south Louisiana
Cleco plans power outage in Opelousas for transmission line repairs Open Navigation Close Navigation
OPELOUSAS, La. (KLFY) -- Cleco customers in the City of Opelousas will be without power Sunday night for repairs to a major transmission line.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Opelousas, Louisiana
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
|Zip Codes||70570, 70571|