Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Orange, California? Contact your local utility company.
Update (Nov. 14): The Orange County Sheriff's Office has released the identities of the man and woman killed after coming into contact with a live power line in the wake of Hurricane Nicole. Authorities said Kahlil Malik Sapp, 23, and Kianna Shaundadrea Sapp, 23, died. Both were siblings and shared the same birthday.
Power outages from Hurricane Nicole hit major providers in Central Florida facebook twitter instagram rss
The Florida Public Service Commission on Wednesday morning began to chart power outages attributed to Hurricane Nicole.
On Friday night, heavy rain and strong winds pushed across central North Carolina.
Power outage in Huntington Beach leaves as many as 15,700 Southern California Edison customers in the dark - Los Angeles Times
Residents reported hearing explosions and seeing flashes of blue light before everything went dark Sunday night.
Santa Ana winds prompt advisories, power outage concerns across Southern California Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
Gusty Santa Ana winds have thousands of Southern California Edison customers in danger of losing power Monday morning. The quick-hitting wind event has prompted wind advisories in Los Angeles, Orange, Ventura, Riverside and San Bernardino counties. The windy weather hit early Monday morning in the Inland Empire, where the advisory was issued until 2 p.m. […]
Morgan Hill Times is the news leader of Morgan Hill, California and south Santa Clara County. The Times is published weekly every Friday.
Lights went out for 10,000 homes and businesses in Winston-Salem Tuesday afternoon. City officials say it could take several hours to restore power.
Power restored to over 2,700 in southeast Colorado Springs Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
The cause of an outage that left over 2,700 people without power is still unknown.
Hurricane Ian updates: Gov. Ron DeSantis will give an update on the efforts made in the wake of Hurricane Ian’s devastation in Florida from the state Emergency Operations Center in Tallahassee on Friday morning.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Orange, California
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
|Zip Codes||92856, 92857, 92859, 92862, 92863, 92864, 92865, 92866, 92867, 92868|