Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Orange, Texas? Contact your local utility company.
Orange Power Outages Caused by Weather
More than 70,000 power outages were reported on Thursday as Nicole made landfall in Florida as a hurricane. Nicole has now weakened to a tropical storm.
UPDATE: Electric service restored to large portion of Kettering to end outage caused by squirrel – WHIO TV 7 and WHIO Radio
Power outage impacts south, southwest Winston-Salem | FOX8 WGHP Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (WGHP) — A power outage is impacted a large swath of Winston-Salem early this afternoon. Winston-Salem police say that this outage is mainly impacted the south and southwest portions of the city. Traffic lights were out at several major intersections, including along Peters Creek Parkway, Stratford Road, the Hanes Mall area, Country Club […]
The station is limited to Tesla vehicles and is located at the Walden Park Shopping Center at 5780 Walden Road.
Utility companies in Florida have been working around the clock after the storm knocked out power to 2 million people. Many of those outages were customers of FPL, Duke Energy, Tampa Electric and a few dozen other municipally owned electric companies and rural electric cooperatives.
Across Southeast Texas businesses, organizations and people are getting ready to celebrate throughout the month of October.
Power in parts of Florida could be out for more than a week as flooding lingers in Ian's wake | CNN Close icon
It could be more than a week until power lines are fully restored in some parts of Florida as residents deal with major flooding after the deadly Hurricane Ian, expected to be the most expensive storm in the Sunshine State's history.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Orange, Texas
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
|Zip Codes||77630, 77631, 77632|