Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Oxford, Pennsylvania? Contact your local utility company.
Oxford Power Outages Caused by Weather
Issues were reported on the M6, M1 and A1(M) on Wednesday.
New York State Electric and Gas is reporting over 2,500 customers in Broome County without power as of 8 a.m. October 24.
Authorities initially said an underwater cable from Sweden that provides electricity to Bornholm had been cut.
Ever feel we are sometimes too reliant on technology?
With powerful storms coming through, you may wonder where the most power outages are? You can view here what county has the most.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Oxford, Pennsylvania
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.