Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Palm Bay, Florida? Contact your local utility company.
Palm Bay Power Outages Caused by Weather
The storm had the potential to bring 6 to 8 inches of rain to the Space Coast. But rainfall totals actually were in the 2.3-inch to 4.9-inch range.
Our live updates keep you up to date on everything going on surrounding Tropical Storm Nicole on Florida's East Coast.
Hurricane Ian’s invisible toll: At least 41 cases of carbon monoxide poisoning confirmed Newspaper icon Email Plus Outline icon My Account icon
In just two weeks, the incidents have accounted for nearly a quarter of Florida’s carbon monoxide cases this year.
Information we receive about important recovery efforts, relief hotlines and more will be posted here.
Ascension Catholic school closed after traffic crash cuts power
Carrie Hinkson said she lost power at 4 p.m. on Wednesday.
Power in parts of Florida could be out for more than a week as flooding lingers in Ian's wake | CNN Close icon
It could be more than a week until power lines are fully restored in some parts of Florida as residents deal with major flooding after the deadly Hurricane Ian, expected to be the most expensive storm in the Sunshine State's history.
Hurricane Ian updates: Gov. Ron DeSantis will give an update on the efforts made in the wake of Hurricane Ian’s devastation in Florida from the state Emergency Operations Center in Tallahassee on Friday morning.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Palm Bay, Florida
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Palm Bay, Florida
|Zip Codes||32905, 32906, 32907, 32908, 32909, 32910, 32911|