Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Panama City Beach, Florida? Contact your local utility company.
NORTH PORT — Florida Power & Light CEO Eric Silagy said 95% of customers in Sarasota, Charlotte, DeSoto, Lee counties had power restored Friday.
It could bring a "life-threatening" storm surge to South Carolina, forecasters say. Ian left catastrophic destruction in Florida and is being blamed for at least six deaths there.
Hurricane Ian updates: Gov. Ron DeSantis will give an update on the efforts made in the wake of Hurricane Ian’s devastation in Florida from the state Emergency Operations Center in Tallahassee on Friday morning.
Hurricane Ian updates Friday from Duval, St Johns, Clay and Nassau counties. Includes latest closings, evacuations, warnings and forecasts.
Updates on roadways, closures, response efforts, power outages.
Small protests appear in Havana over islandwide blackout | mypanhandle.com Open Navigation Close Navigation
HAVANA (AP) — A few hundred Cubans took to the streets Thursday night in Havana demanding the restoration of electricity, protesting more than two days after a blackout hit the entire island following the passage of Hurricane Ian. An Associated Press journalist saw a total of about 400 people gathered in at least two spots […]
Parts of southwest Miami-Dade without power following possible tornado hit facebook twitter instagram rss
Families living in one southwest Miami-Dade neighborhood say they’re convinced a tornado touched down.
California avoids outages after day of grid-straining heat Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
The California Independent System Operator on Wednesday thanked residents and businesses for heeding another “flex alert,” a request to reduce electricity consumption during peak evening hours.
Power outage at Austin airport leads to flight delays Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
An early morning power outage Wednesday at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport caused flight delays that continued even after electricity was restored.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Panama City Beach, Florida
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Panama City Beach, Florida
|City||Panama City Beach|
|Zip Codes||32407, 32413|