Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Paragould, Arkansas? Contact your local utility company.
Paragould Power Outages Caused by Weather
Thousands still remain without power after winter storm Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Nearly 7,500 Entergy Arkansas customers remained without power Saturday afternoon following a winter storm that dumped sleet and freezing rain on trees and powerlines.
More power outages reported in Region 8 Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
As a winter storm continued to move across Northeast Arkansas and Southeast Missouri Thursday morning, more electric companies reported outages.
Roads of ‘solid ice’ remain as winter storm moves out Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
“Roads are solid ice this morning,” Meteorologist Zach Holder said Friday.
Wintry weather brings cancellations, power outages, slushy roads Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Follow the Region 8 Stormteam for updates as this winter weather moves through our area.
Authorities release name of victim in Leachville tornado Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
Two people died Friday night when tornadoes swept through Northeast Arkansas, destroying homes and flattening a nursing home.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Paragould, Arkansas
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
|Zip Codes||72450, 72451|