Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Paris, Kentucky? Contact your local utility company.
Pomerelle Ski Resort has announced that they can start the season early.
At least 10 other people were injured and about 150 structures were damaged or destroyed in Arkansas, Oklahoma and Texas on Friday night.
Climate change is on the ballot this November—and every elected official in Georgia has a role to play in fighting it - Atlanta Magazine
Crews responded immediately and most of those customers had service by 6:10 p.m.
SNAP, EBT outages reported across the country Share on Facebook Email This Link Share on Twitter Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn
An outage affecting the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program was reported across the country Sunday, according to Down Detector.
The power outages affected thousands in Morris and Sussex counties after the line collapsed across a section of Route 80 West in Jefferson.
Blackout leaves some Bronx residents without AC | PIX11 Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
UNIVERSITY HEIGHTS, The Bronx — Hundreds of families in the west-central Bronx spent all day in Friday’s high heat without electricity for air conditioning or other vital resources. The blackout started around midnight, and lasted well into the afternoon. What frustrated many people the most was that it was a partial power outage — so […]
Heavy snow has caused power outages across upstate New York and left tens of thousands in the dark.
Here's a look at 10 of the most damaging, crippling ice storms in U.S. history.
Several tornadoes ripped through the state overnight, leaving death and devastation around Kentucky, including Mayfield, which is in Graves county.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
|Zip Codes||40361, 40362|