Did you lose power?
Voting goes mostly smoothly on Election Day as baseless fraud claims swirl | CNN Politics Close icon Politics
State and local elections officials said Tuesday's voting in the midterm elections went smoothly overall, with a few isolated problems reported, including in the key swing state of Arizona where issues with voting machines sparked baseless claims about fraud.
New Utah storm may produce over 2 feet of mountain snow; power companies brace for outages | KSL.com KSL homepage KSL homepage Messages (0) account - logged out Support
Utah's largest power provider is bracing for possible weather-related outages with more rain, snow and wind headed toward the state.
A major power outage in the Salt Lake Valley affected thousands of customers on Monday morning and caused issues at multiple intersections.The 6-hour string of
Another 2,500 customers are out in Somerset County.
Traffic alert at at approx. 9 a.m. a truck carrying a tank of fertilizer rolled on a ramp on I-15. The ramp is clsoed
Many Orem residents were without power Thursday afternoon.
Public Power Week to hold celebration in effort to enlighten St. George utility patrons – St George News
rand County Sheriff's Office reports the body of a female was found in Arches National Park Saturday, Oct. 1.
The Utah Department of Public Safety says the occupants, a male driver and passenger sustained fatal injuries.
Hurricane Ian knocked out power for millions in Florida. CBS News' Lana Zak and Tanya Rivero speak with Melissa Seixas, the Florida state president of Duke Energy, about efforts to restore power.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Park Valley, Utah