Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Patchogue, New York? Contact your local utility company.
PSEG Long Island Preparing For Nicole Remnants - Long Beach, NY - The utility company says they are preparing for potential outages from the weekend storm.
Delayed Suffolk Election Results Caused By Wi-Fi Outage: Report - Patchogue, NY - Board of Elections' workers were still tallying results on Wednesday.
Power to the People: Could New Orleans take control of its power utility? | The Latest | Gambit Weekly | nola.com
Going public could come in many forms.
A power outage party, belly laughs in N.Y., and axes made in Maine - The Boston Globe email Email to a Friend Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Print this Article View Comments Email to a Friend Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Print this Article View Comments
Travel news you can use.
On Superstorm Sandy's 10-year anniversary, AGCS experts discuss this devastating weather event and five key steps to boosting companies’ storm resilience.
Since Superstorm Sandy in 2012, the Long Island Power Authority has upgraded the electric grid to prevent widespread outages in future storms. WSHU's climate podcast Higher Ground explored how that happened in its first season.
Power outage knocks out regular FDNY, EMS radios | PIX11 Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
NEW YORK (PIX11) — FDNY and EMS radios were down in New York City for about two hours on Wednesday, forcing workers to pivot to a backup system, officials said. The emergency teams were impacted by a power outage at 11 MetroTech Centre. The outage, which happened around 11 a.m., caused server and internet issues. […]
Nearly a week after Hurricane Ian smashed into Florida and carved a path of destruction that reached into the Carolinas, hundreds of thousands of Florida
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Patchogue, New York
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.