Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Paterson, New Jersey? Contact your local utility company.
Paterson Power Outages Caused by Weather
Live Updates: Polls officially closed in NY as returns start trickling in - Gothamist Facebook Twitter Reddit Email Facebook Twitter Reddit Email Facebook Twitter Reddit Email Facebook Twitter Instagram Youtube
Gothamist is a non-profit local newsroom, powered by WNYC.
Power outage knocks out regular FDNY, EMS radios | PIX11 Open Navigation Close Navigation Close Modal
NEW YORK (PIX11) — FDNY and EMS radios were down in New York City for about two hours on Wednesday, forcing workers to pivot to a backup system, officials said. The emergency teams were impacted by a power outage at 11 MetroTech Centre. The outage, which happened around 11 a.m., caused server and internet issues. […]
The gray, billowy weather is expected to remain in much of New Jersey until mid-week.
More than 500 customers without power in Astoria.
Urgent Tree Removal to Impact Power to Over 1,000 in Homes in Phillipsburg | Phillipsburg, NJ News TAPinto
JCP&L has an emergency tree situation/ removal at Sayre Ave in Phillipsburg. A large tree on this property is in immediate danger of failure and...
Ever feel we are sometimes too reliant on technology?
A severe thunderstorm producing high winds moved through North Jersey on Monday night causing thousands of residents to lose power.
Beware Of Black Ice, Officials Warn to Stay Off Roads Due To Flash Freeze Later Tonight | Paterson, NJ News TAPinto
Officials encourage those who see black ice to report it to DPW at 973-321-1490.
Congressman Frank Pallone has sent a letter to the president of Jersey Central Power & Light, demanding that the utility offer detailed explanations about outages that affected his district on Jan. 17, 21 and 26.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Paterson, New Jersey
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Paterson, New Jersey
|State||New Jersey (NJ)|
|Zip Codes||07501, 07502, 07503, 07504, 07505, 07509, 07510, 07513, 07514, 07522|