Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Pearland, Texas? Contact your local utility company.
Pearland Power Outages Caused by Weather
Residents in the Westfield Village Community are frustrated after dealing with several gas leaks, power outages, and a boil water notice over the past week.
Pearland High School and Dawson High School go head-to-head at The Rig for Pear Bowl.
South African President Cyril Ramaphosa has an urgent meeting scheduled with his Cabinet to discuss an electricity crisis which has led to unprecedented levels of nationwide power blackouts.
Flight operations at Hobby Airport back to normal after small fire in generator causes outage, airport officials say facebook twitter instagram rss
Travelers faced several delays at Hobby Airport on Saturday after airport officials say a small fire was found in one of their generators.
Less than half of assisted living communities in Texas have backup generators, according to a survey. Most nursing homes have them on site.
Airport officials say an early morning power outage at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport caused delays and cancellations even after electricity was restored.
How many Texas senior living facilities have backup power? HHSC reveals survey results | KXAN Austin Open Navigation Close Navigation
Hundreds of Texas nursing homes and assisted living facilities have generators on-site for backup power, but hundreds still do not, according to a survey conducted by Texas Health and Human Services.
Houston could see damaging winds up to 45 mph and street flooding as rain begins Thursday and lasts into next week.
Thousands of Houston-area CenterPoint Energy customers without power during storms facebook twitter instagram rss
People across the Houston area are dealing with heavy rain, causing thousands of residents to be without power.
More than 130,000 customers affected by power outages in the Houston area, CenterPoint Energy says facebook twitter instagram rss
More than 145,000 residents affected by power outages in the Houston area, CenterPoint Energy says
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Pearland, Texas
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
|Zip Codes||77581, 77584, 77588|