Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Pekin, Illinois? Contact your local utility company.
Pekin Power Outages Caused by Weather
Ameren currently reporting more than 1,500 without power in Peoria | CIProud.com Open Navigation Close Navigation
UPDATE (9:05 p.m.) — Approximately 982 customers remain without power in Peoria as Ameren crews work to restore power Wednesday night. Ameren estimates that power should be restored at 10:45 p.m. This story will be updated when more information becomes available. PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — The Ameren outage map is currently reporting that more than […]
Ameren reporting thousands without power around Central Illinois | CIProud.com Open Navigation Close Navigation
PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — Ameren’s Outage map is showing several thousand people without power as high winds sweep through Central Illinois Wednesday. According to the outage map, over 1,126 are currently without power in Peoria, 1,225 are without power east of Spring Bay, 604 are reported to be without power near Bloomington-Normal, and 868 are […]
Ameren reporting power outages around Central Illinois | CIProud.com Open Navigation Close Navigation
PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — Ameren’s Outage map is showing several people without power around Central Illinois Friday night. According to the outage map, there are currently 83 without power southeast of Dunlap. 84 without power east of South Pekin. 966 without power near Manito. 139 are reported to be without power in Tremont. There is […]
Meteorologist Matt Barnes said that it’s possible a tornado may have touched down, but won’t know for sure until a crew assessing damage returns. "An 80 or 90 mile-an-hour straight line wind can do an awful lot of damage too."
Over 24,000 Ameren customers without power during storms in Illinois | CIProud.com Open Navigation Close Navigation
ILLINOIS (WMBD) — Over 24,000 power outages are being reported right now on the Ameren Illinois Power Outages Map. This is at 9:30 p.m. Saturday. Nearly 13 percent of Peorians are without power as of 9:24 p.m. In Peoria County, over 130 customers are without service and there are over 7,600 power outages reported. Pekin […]
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Pekin, Illinois
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
|Zip Codes||61554, 61555, 61558|