Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Phillipsburg, New Jersey? Contact your local utility company.
The U.S. government says it will provide Puerto Rico with temporary electric generation via barges as the island’s power grid continues to disintegrate, leading to an increase in widespread outages.
Click here to view this video from wfmz.com.
Electricity supply across Bangladesh has been restored after the South Asian country plunged into a blackout following the failure of its national power grid. The blackout, which impacted much of
Urgent Tree Removal to Impact Power to Over 1,000 in Homes in Phillipsburg | Phillipsburg, NJ News TAPinto
JCP&L has an emergency tree situation/ removal at Sayre Ave in Phillipsburg. A large tree on this property is in immediate danger of failure and...
Ever feel we are sometimes too reliant on technology?
Prosecutors say some juveniles got into a fight at Ann and Thomas streets Monday afternoon.
Lehigh Valley severe weather live updates: Storm, tornado warnings end; flash flood threat remains - lehighvalleylive.com
The latest on severe weather watches and warnings in the Lehigh Valley on March 31, 2022.
Hundreds still without power due to high winds, more outages possible | Lehigh Valley Regional News | wfmz.com
More power outages could be possible Saturday due to expected gusty winds.
Congressman Frank Pallone has sent a letter to the president of Jersey Central Power & Light, demanding that the utility offer detailed explanations about outages that affected his district on Jan. 17, 21 and 26.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Phillipsburg, New Jersey
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Phillipsburg, New Jersey
|State||New Jersey (NJ)|