Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Phoenix, Arizona? Contact your local utility company.
Phoenix Power Outages Caused by Weather
Maricopa County officials, sheriff refute false election claims, insist on keeping demonstrations peaceful
A small group of protestors stood outside the Maricopa County Elections Department the weekend following Election Day. Maricopa County officials are refuting false election claims and insisting all demonstrations remain peaceful.
Democrat Katie Hobbs was leading the Arizona governor's race by about 35,000 votes as of Sunday morning.
The WPIAL Class 2A quarterfinal football playoff game between Ligonier Valley and Beaver Falls has been moved from Geneva College to Blackhawk High School.
This year, APS replaced a record 811 power poles in Arizona - if that amount was arranged end-to-end on the ground, they would measure out to be around seven miles long.
A rogue wind event caused a brief power outage in Flagstaff on Friday, resulting in the shutdown of restaurants, traffic delays and even some hotel guests being trapped in an
Thousands of customers were left without power as a dust storm moved through the Valley Monday.
After a tornado touched down in northern Arizona, storm activity is now rolling through the Valley.
Eighty-four percent of Americans are worried about power outages – here's how they feel about addressing blackouts with backup power.
AZ Big Media Arizona ranks among 10 best states for infrastructure - AZ Big Media Arizona ranks among 10 best states for infrastructure - AZ Big Media
AZ Big Media Arizona ranks among 10 best states for infrastructure - AZ Big Media
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Phoenix, Arizona
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
|Zip Codes||85001, 85002, 85003, 85004, 85005, 85006, 85007, 85008, 85009, 85010|