Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Pittsboro, North Carolina? Contact your local utility company.
Storm Causes Orange, Durham and Chatham Residents to Start Weekend with No Power - Chapelboro.com
Widespread power outages from the remnants of Tropical Storm Ian remained into Saturday across Orange, Chatham and Durham counties.
Chatham County dealing with wind gusts, power outages as Ian moves through
Traffic lights were out and a gas station was closed after losing power at a busy intersection along US 64 in Chatham County.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Pittsboro, North Carolina
Attention parents, we would like to let you know that we have a partial power outage at the school. We are continui… https://t.co/lH4YqRQJBd
Asbury, Bennett, Bonlee, Goldston, Hadley, & Harpers Crossroads Collection Centers are closed Saturday, October 1 d… https://t.co/KJMMohwXnu
Amid power outages, CEO of generator maker anticipates 'massive change' coming to the grid https://t.co/30oz5Q6X9x… https://t.co/Oi3ImNkTaX
"Outages Pile on Misery for 1.5 Million Coping With Pandemic" by Mihir Zaveri and Tracey Tully via NYT https://t.co/GEyZJ3Wwzn
"Winston-Salem Quarters Postponed Due to Rain, Power Outages" by Reuters via NYT https://t.co/lkWwKYnhkM
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other North Carolina cities.
Pittsboro, North Carolina
|State||North Carolina (NC)|