Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Pleasantville, New Jersey? Contact your local utility company.
New casino dealing school opens in Pleasantville
PLEASANTVILLE — Angel Jones once faced steep odds opening up her first casino school, but she has played her cards right.
Sandy cut power to millions — NJ utilities have upped their game loading...
The most shared negative experience from the October 2012 storm was the loss of power, which lasted several days for many Garden Staters.
Friday’s credit card outage shows how vulnerable NJ is
Ever feel we are sometimes too reliant on technology?
NJ congressman demands answers from JCP&L about multiple outages
Congressman Frank Pallone has sent a letter to the president of Jersey Central Power & Light, demanding that the utility offer detailed explanations about outages that affected his district on Jan. 17, 21 and 26.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Pleasantville, New Jersey
Egg Harbor Township, NJ (11:12 PM) Grid Power Outage Event >> The Ting Network detected an Electric Utility Grid Po… https://t.co/MWQcblrWwo
More dangerous winter weather is set to hit New Jersey, and state officials are again cautioning residents to be we… https://t.co/mmv1Nbe99F
More dangerous winter weather is set to hit New Jersey, and state officials are again cautioning residents to be we… https://t.co/rW1rRQAmrF
@KenyaPower_Care kindly look into a series of power outages in Thindigua around ack area
@PhilMurphyNJ What happens when there are power outages? Cant charge the cars!! Idiots
@LaChapelleStMes @kfrankiii We are sorry to hear you were affected by the power outage during our routine generator… https://t.co/XZkda6qqe9
Multiple carbon monoxide poisoning deaths have been reported in recent days as Americans without power find alterna… https://t.co/iFtYDqxOUz
@LaurenCBS3 @CBSPhilly Same Here Lauren These Storms Were So Bad & Nothing Like I’ve Ever Seen Before!! Ugh ? No Po… https://t.co/HbaOwRXOMG
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
Report power outage in other New Jersey cities.
Pleasantville, New Jersey
|State||New Jersey (NJ)|