Did you lose power?
27 power poles knocked down in early morning windstorm leaves customers in the dark - East Idaho News
Power restored on Danish island; outage was 'local fault' - Local News 8 circle-arrow Play Button Stop Button chevron-right chevron-left chevron-up search warning chevron-left-skinny chevron-right-skinny x clock calendar play-button cancel-circle user twitter facebook youtube instagram email linkedin
Idaho Power could shut off some customers' electricity in extreme fire conditions | Rural Life | capitalpress.com
Utility starts public-safety power shutoff program.
Power outage in Idaho Falls - Local News 8 circle-arrow Play Button Stop Button chevron-right chevron-left chevron-up search warning chevron-left-skinny chevron-right-skinny x clock calendar play-button cancel-circle user twitter facebook youtube instagram email linkedin
Over 2,100 Idaho Power customers in Pocatello area without electricity after power line issue ignites brush fire | Freeaccess | idahostatejournal.com
POCATELLO — A power line issue caused a brush fire and large-scale power outage in the Pocatello area on Monday afternoon.
POCATELLO — An issue with a power line caused a brush fire and power outage in the Pocatello area on Thursday night.
Car crash knocks out power to over 1,100 Idaho Power customers in Pocatello | Freeaccess | idahostatejournal.com
POCATELLO — Over 1,100 Idaho Power customers on the city’s north side were without power for over four hours on Sunday after a car struck a power pole.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Pocatello, Idaho
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.
|Zip Codes||83201, 83202, 83204, 83205, 83206, 83209|