Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Point Comfort, Texas? Contact your local utility company.
Some electric cars can power devices and even homes during blackouts and other extreme weather events.
The more streaming services establish themselves in the digital media world, the more problems are created. Investing in physical media is beneficial in more ways than one, and there may be no better time to stick it to streaming service superiority. The average streaming service costs around $10 p
Power in parts of Florida could be out for more than a week as flooding lingers in Ian's wake | CNN Close icon
It could be more than a week until power lines are fully restored in some parts of Florida as residents deal with major flooding after the deadly Hurricane Ian, expected to be the most expensive storm in the Sunshine State's history.
Less than half of assisted living communities in Texas have backup generators, according to a survey. Most nursing homes have them on site.
Power briefly shut down for 1,700 Palo Alto Utilities customers in effort to protect state grid | News | Palo Alto Online |
About 1,700 Palo Alto Utilities customers were briefly without power Tuesday evening in response to a state energy emergency alert, which was implemented amid a prolonged heat wave.
80,000 customers were knocked out before crews started re-routing power to substations in Morris and Sussex counties.
Lubbock, new to ERCOT, learns to navigate requests to conserve power | The Texas Tribune Loading indicator Loading indicator Loading indicator Loading indicator Loading indicator Loading indicator Loading indicator Loading indicator Loading indicator Loading indicator Loading indicator
Until last year, Lubbock residents didn’t get electricity from the main power grid operated by the Electric Reliability Council of Texas. Now, many residents are getting used to requests to limit electricity consumption.
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Point Comfort, Texas
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.