Did you lose power?
How to Report Power Outage
Power outage in Poland, Indiana? Contact your local utility company.
Top photos of the day as selected by the Associated Press.
Power outages and heavy traffic are the result of a two-car crash at the intersection of Route 28 and Old Barnstable Road in Mashpee on Monday, October 10, at 10:55
One lineman said it was paradise when they arrived in Florida, until they made it where Hurricane Ian came barreling through.
DeSantis: Hurricane Ian looters could get shot; sees progress with power outages | National | stardem.com
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis sees progress being made with widespread power outages from Hurricane Ian and warned Friday that storm-related looters could get shot.
Nearly 150 Duke Energy customers are without power in the Shoals Junction area as of Friday morning.
Downed trees and power lines are possible in the aftermath of Hurricane Ian. If you need to report an outage, here is who to call:
Ian continues to move through Florida, cutting power to more than 680,000 Duke Energy Florida customers so far, with more power outages likely to occur later today as the storm exits the state.
/PRNewswire/ -- With Hurricane Ian's imminent landfall expected along Florida's west coast, Duke Energy is increasing the number of resources coming to Florida...
One person was sent to Mosaic Life Care after a single-vehicle rollover crash that caused a small power outage Thursday afternoon.
SIERRA VISTA — A power outage affecting more than 2,000 customers in the vicinity of The Mall at Sierra Vista shortly after noon Friday, Sept. 2, occurred when a semi-truck
Are you affected? Leave your comment below.
Tweets from Poland, Indiana
Power Outage FAQs
What is Power Outage?
Power outage (also called a power cut, a power blackout, power failure or a blackout) is a short-term or a long-term loss of the electric power to a particular area.
What Causes Power Outages?
- Severe weather (high winds, lightning, winter storms, heat waves, rain or flooding can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Other damage to electric transmission lines (vehicle accidents, trees, and animals can cause damage to power lines or equipment);
- Repairing, maintenance or upgrades on power lines and equipment.
What are the Top Outage Safety Tips?
- Stay away from the downed power lines, park vehicles in protected areas;
- Unplug appliances and electronics, limit cell phone use to conserve battery life;
- Use portable generators outdoors only, well away from open windows and doors;
- Pack perishable foods into a cooler, keep refrigerator and freezer doors shut as much as possible.